DISCLOSURE UNDER PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION LAW
KOÇEL ÇELİK EŞYA SAN.VE TİC.A.Ş. pays utmost attention to the protection and processing of Personal Data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 (“PDPL”) and acts with due diligence in all its planning and activities
KOÇEL ÇELİK EŞYA SAN.VE TİC.A.Ş. takes all administrative and technical measures for the protection and processing of personal data. In order to ensure compliance, efforts are made to raise the awareness of employees, and necessary compliance processes are implemented and necessary arrangements are made for new employees / candidates.
What are Instances of Your Personal Data?
Full Name, Office / Home Address, Email Address, Citizenship Number (TCKN), Driving License Serial Number, ID Card Serial Number, Fingerprint, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, X-ray, MR, an other health records, blood type, Home, Office, Mobile Phone Numbers, Country, City, Postal Code or District, Age, Gender, Criminal Records, all kinds of health records, Bank account numbers, Resume, academic details, marriage status, details of children, emergency information, disability status, military records, photographs and so on
What are the purposes and legal reasons for processing personal data?
Our company is obliged to collect, maintain, and record your personal data for deletion when necessary for both candidates and employees in accordance with the following laws:
• Labor Law No. 4857,
• Social Security and General Health Insurance Law No. 5510
• Occupational Health and Safety Law No. 6331,
• Law of Obligations No. 6098,
• Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 and regulations
• For audits conducted by the Inspectors of the Ministry of Labor and the Social Security Organization
• For contacting the database when necessary
• For statistical studies,
• For submission in connection with court and expert reviews,
• For submission to Local Police Forces and Organized Industry Directorates upon request
Method of collecting personal data
Our company collect your personal data by means of job application forms, CVs submitted, job applications submitted on our website, the filling of such forms that are defined by our HR department in our procedures, job documents you have given during the recruitment, forms you have filled in during the trainings, AGI Forms, fingerprint and overtime forms for entry-exit records, and HR forms completed upon request.
Sharing of personal data
In this context, your personal data is processed by our company in the capacity of data controller in accordance with the legal regulations, and are transferred the public authorities due to legal obligations, and also to any third party service companies if deemed appropriate by our company.
How is personal data stored and protected?
• Your personal data will be kept confidential in the database and systems of our Company in accordance with Article 12 of PDPL, and will not be shared with third parties for any purposes other than due to legal obligations and the requirements specified in this document.
• Our Company is obliged to protect the systems and databases which host your personal data, to prevent the unlawful processing of personal data, to prevent unauthorized access, and to take software and physical security measures such as access management in accordance with Article 12 of the PDPL.
How long is the storage of personal data?
Your Personal Data will be kept by us as long as you work for us in accordance with the periods defined in the relevant laws and, for 10 years upon your leaving our company.
Keeping personal data up-to-date and accurate
Our Company has an obligation to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date pursuant to Article 4 of PDPL. In this context, you must share and update your accurate and current data in order for our company to fulfill its obligations arising from the current legislation.
What are your rights under Article 11 of PDPL?
In accordance with PDPL, by applying to our Company, you may:
1. learn whether any personal data has been processed,
2. request information if any personal data has been processed,
3. learn the purpose of processing personal data and whether they have been used appropriately,
4. know the third parties to whom personal data has been transferred at home or abroad,
5. request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing thereof,
6. request the deletion or destruction of personal data in accordance with the conditions provided for in Article 7 of the PDPL,
7. Requesting that these efforts be notified to the third parties to whom the personal data have been transferred, if personal data has been corrected, deleted, or destroyed.
8. Object to the occurrence of any results against the person by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems, and
9. Request the compensation of any damages and losses suffered due to unlawful processing of personal data.
Where do I apply for the status of my personal data?
For situations related to your Personal Data defined in this policy, you need to
• send a PDPL Application Form (signed and scanned) to KocelPDPL@kocel.com.tr by e-mail, or
• mail a PDPL Application Form to the Human Resources Department
How long does it take to finalize my application?
Your request submitted via a petition or mail will be replied within 30 days via the same means of communication.